Saturday 7 January 2012

Animation of the guilldhall

When animating the guildhall we wanted to show as much of it as we could, to do so we used a technique  we were both familiar with, line constraint. To make a line constrain I simply drew the path I wanted the camera to take with the line tool, then creating a camera and selecting it I went to the animation tab and selected path constraint. This attaches the camera to the line and as the timeline is played the camera moves along the line. This can be seen in the walking scene on the ground floor, I have extended the timeline to 1500 frames and then manipulated frames along the timeline to slow the pace down in places. This technique was essential to allowing the viewer to get a feel for the building as if they were the ones walking around. 

Next it came to animating the hand, I wanted to demonstrate that by using the auto key and the biped manipulation tool I could create the hand opening the door. You will be able to see this scene in the final animation. To make the hand open the door I started with a frame on the timeline with the hand out of view, I then moved the timeline and set the key when the hand was raised, once the hand was raised it was a matter of moving it forward and adjusting the fingers. Once the hand was all set I could then see when the door needed to be opened, by playing the timeline I found the frame at which the hand met the door and rotated the door, in all this made it look like the hand was opening the door. The scene is over fairly quickly but due to the  time constraints it was all I could achieve, with more time I would have liked to use the hand throughout the animation, but as this was a last minute addition as extra work losing a group member I am happy with the result.

Here is the scene of the hand opening the door.


1 comment:

  1. Great tips, many thanks for sharing. I have printed and will stick on the wall! I like this blog. Replacement HEPA Air Filters for Dyson Airblade Hand Dryer

    ReplyDelete