Friday 6 January 2012

Library


The library is the room with the room with the most furnishings:

Chair
Bookcase
Lamp
Computer and screen
Table
Rug

The first thing I made was the chair. To create the chair I used the line tool to draw the shape of the arms which I could then make by using the loft tool. To this I added the bottom strut as well as the seating connecting the arms. This technique was one I learnt earlier in the module.

This screenshot shows the shape of the chair.



After creating the chair my attention turned to the bookcase, I decided to create it by using boxes so it simple consists of boxes joined together.




Lamp

In the library there is a lamp that will sit on the desk, to create the top shade of the lamp I drew a line and created a cup shape using the lathe modifier, the stand was simply a cylinder with a lofted line to make the stem.



Computer and screen

Next to create for the library is the computer, first of all I started by making the screen for the computer. To create the screen I made a box and chamfered the edges, I then went into editable poly mode and highlighted the front face and extruded it inwards to indent the screen area.

Here is what the screen model looks like

Next to the screen you can see the computer base, again this started of as a square, I extruded part of the front inwards for the CD tray and added a button.

A rendered copy of the Computer in the guildhall.


Table

The table/desk for the library was simple to create, I used a cylinder for the table surface which I made longer by extruding the centre, I then added cylinder legs and a base to the legs.


Rug

The rug was simple to create, I got an image of a rug and made a plane the size of the image, I used it as a material to apply to the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment